- a person who has returned, especially supposedly from the dead.
- "he was three hundred years old, a terrible living revenant"
There has been plenty of work put into the old girl to get her back on the road where she belongs, if you were looking for a pristine trailer queen show bike she is the not for you, however, she wears her scars well with pride and is ready for any journey, road trip or commute and is guaranteed to put a smile on your face each and every time, yes she really is that fun to ride.
All methods used are old school artisan crafts using tools older than me (and i'm no spring chicken), as in the front mud guard, side panels and tailpiece were all hand beaten and hand formed. A lot of time consuming work using a sandbag and mallets, mandrels etc then finished of using an english wheel but the results speak for themselves. Where possible we refurbished original parts or made new trying to keep shelf bought items to a minimum. I've included a pic of what she was like when we picked her up to show it was just cosmetics that was at fault for the insurance claim.
For other work we've done in the past check out novembercustoms.com
This isn't a business for us as such, more of a hobby that funds itself (mostly haha)
She has only done 23,000 kilometers
The work to resurrect her, from the front back
- Front wheel refurbished
- Hand Beaten Aluminium front mud guard with one off mounts
- Front discs cleaned
- Brake calipers rebuilt, seals checked and replaced if needed, pistons cleaned up like new and new fluid
- Goodridge brake lines
- Suzuki Bandit headlight on original Honda brackets
- New Led indicators
- New clip on handlebars and grips
- New bar end mirrors
- New master cylinder and clutch lever mount with adjustable billet levers
- New clock surround with original internals
- Top yoke stripped and refurbished
- Petrol tank, this is where a majority of work has gone in as this was the reason she was wrote off, the price of an original Honda Tank was uneconomical . We have 90% of the dints out but as can be seen on the pictures some still remain, i personally feel the pics show it worse than it actually is, there's also damage round the petrol cap which looks exactly like the pic.The reason we left her metal is partly homage to the cafe racers of old but not to hide any lumps under filler and paint. This bike is what she is and looks really.
- Bespoke steel side panels hand crafted to marry in with the one off all steel tailpiece and the bare metal tank
- Bespoke all steel handmade tailpiece and steel based seat made specifically for this bike
- New LED Tail light
- Cut down subframe then braced to suit tailpiece with LED indicators in frame tubes
- Rear brake rebuilt, seals checked and replaced if needed, pistons cleaned up like new, new fluid
- Standard downpipes as these were still in good condition but now with a lovely little can that sounds really fruity
- Cut down foot rest hangers
- Back wheel refurbished to match the front
- The engine has been left totally standard as she runs really sweet
- The bodywork has been treated with a non permanent waterproof spray
She sailed through the MOT and gained a lot of admirers too .
She has now gone to pastures new to her new owner Marc, she now resides in London and has her very own parking space at the Houses of Parliament "oo fancy get her" I'm sure that she will still be around for many many years to come a pleasure to build and a pleasure to pass her on to her new owner.